Monday, February 24, 2014

Blog 8

Statement of Purpose
What I hope to discover within my topic Texting: are there visible emotions and points of view?,  are do people that text, specifically with the age group of college students, able to grasp the correct emotion and point of view of the person behind the other cell phone?

Detailed Statement of Research Question
When I conduct my research, my focus will revolve around my main question if texting produces sustainable emotion and such. there are so many ways to go off this question. I will interview people on whether or not through their experiences if texting has ever cause conflict. Also, are valid points really made if you cannot see the emotion on a person's face , see body gestures, or even the tone of a voice? Do people also use this to an advantage for them? For instance, if you are avoiding an important conversation, is it easier to just text it away?

List of Information I Need to Gather:
  • is my question true
  • are the responses valid to my opinion
  • does previous research back up my claim?
  • what do other writers think of texting?
  • awkward social situations?
  • how clear points are made to others
  • people to interview
Preliminary List of Sources
  1. College students
  2. Academic writing
  3. A Better Pencil, Denis Baron
Gather of Information
  1. I will be studying how college students translate texting when it comes to emotion, point of view, and for argument sake.
  2. I will collect my information from Kean University students, and or other universities. particular maybe 2-3 people, and students whose ages range from 20-21.
  3. I will study 2-3 people
  4. Interviews and textual analysis will be my methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment