Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blog 6

In the beginning of the semester I had planned to do my research on how school teachers (elementary) communicated differently between students, faculty, and parents. In all honesty, I would love to do my research on that since it falls right in my major, but I am being realistic and I know that I will not be able to collect enough data from those specific outside sources, given my time frame. I have now decided to base my research around college students-media writing/academic writing

Topic
My topic will cover how college students are affected my media writing and academic:
  • text messaging
  • blogging
  • social networking
  • email
  • etc.
compared to:
  • academic writing
Focus
I want to focus specifically on whether or not college students, given the amount of education they have already obtained, can make a balance on what is appropriate for maybe an English paper, a text message, or an email to a friend.
  • is there a major difference
  • which media relates more to academic writing
  • etc.
What I Want to Do
     I basically want to interview a variety of college students. I want to see if their academic writing is reflected upon how they communicate when using different sources. It is an interesting topic since many people have different opinions on how they feel about communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment