Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog 20

 Statement:
My focus revolves around the study that men and women communicate differently through texting. I am focusing heavily on emotion and basically how it is relayed. 


1. Value:
 A: did you ever have a text exchange that made you very angry? Laughing-

S:laughing- yes plenty of times

A: Can you describe one?

S: um (7:30) does it have to be does it have to be- an angry situation or can it be the context of a text that got me mad?

A: it can be any. If you weren’t getting the right feeback emotion-?

S: Well the other day I had a text conversation with my lovely boyfriend on how long he takes to write back to my text messages and Im the kinda person where if im home and im not busy my phone is always on me- and with me all the time all the time. So hes the complete opposite and it takes him a long time to write back to me. So I said to him one day I understand youre not a fan of texting but if I had a dollar for every time, every minute, I’d be rich. And hell give me an excuse like oh I wasn’t paying attention to my phone or oh this – and it made me very angry.


2. Flaming: 
A:Okay good let’s see are there any other stories that you’d like to say about texting? How about this do you think that your boyfriend doesn’t get the emotion that you are trying to explain. You seem to be ‘cause you seem to be um you know really good at reading emotion but do you think he can? (5:05)
S:  Um I don’t think I don’t think he can and it’s probably a guy thing.
A: Oh okay
S: Its probably a factor um you know a factor that I’m a girl and he’s a guy, But I don’t think he’s as good at reading emotion as I can. There’s times where hell say something very short and to the point and then in turn you know I’ll ask what wrong you know because I think it’s something serious he’s not saying lol he’ll say nothing is wrong just, he’s just texting.
3. Emotion -women?
A: Oh okay so you don’t, so okay let me see if I understand. You say you can read emotion through text, but at the same time youre saying that you can’t? (4:09)

S: There’s instances where where I where, I think that you can definitely relay emotions through texts if you tell someone I’m crying I’m so hurt, they will understand. But in situations where you shouldn’t be having the conversation over text that it should be by face its, I think, its it is better. It’s not where you can, I think you can, you can get emotion through text it’s the matter of doing the right thing and having certain conversations face to face. (4:43)

A: So you would say it’s more for the respect-
S: Yes it’s a respect factor.


No comments:

Post a Comment