Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blog 16

Statement of Purpose
I am hoping to show and discover that texting, in relation to emotion, does have different outcomes for different conversations. What I mean by this is that when looking at the language used in texting, emotion plays a huge role and given different circumstances between men and women, the feedback and outcome from the "other phone" may be different, if not always. I am exploring the perspective of a young woman. She is a wonderful candidate since she goes in depth about conversations with her boyfriend. She bounces back and forth with her perspective but is also not biased and looks at the perspective of a male. My interviewee will actually contribute valuable examples and life stories to show my focus. This is important to help backup my focus as well!

  • Does texting within a certain conversation predict wrong responses?
  • Under certain situations, can two people, such as a boyfriend and a girlfriend, display different emotions and views of texting through their actions without complications? (mostly this one)
  • What are the different patterns men and women, that are close, seem to display through texting? (maybe this one too-link to emotion?)


Statement of Research Questions

  1. Does my data show enough examples to justify under certain situations through texting, men and women, close couple, have a different way of displaying emotions or views?
  2. What kind of language does "S" use to justify her answers?
  3. When does "s" feel uncomfortable about something, can it relate to the focus?
  4. Do the stories "S" give relate to the cultural stories about texting:emotion,relationships,gender difference ect.?
  5. Does "s" show her real thoughts and ideas by going off and ignoring what I said?-Yes
List of Information
  • My data is sufficent for this research project
  • I really need writing samples/ other research to validate my points
Sources
Because my focus kept changing I might need help finding an article or another piece of writing to help me with this project. SO far, I have the article you sent me that contradicts my focus. The point in this article is to say that there isn't a problem communicationg emotions through computers (texting). Here is the link once again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VHUtxmolOHN1RMRnFNM1g0Yjd0NjNMcDh6VUxSYnlZVnZF/edit?usp=sharing

My only concern is if this article is sufficient enough for my focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment