Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blog 17

Transcript data:

1. S: …So I said to him one day I understand you’re not a fan of texting but if I had a dollar for every time you don’t respond, every minute, I’d be rich. And he’ll give me an excuse like oh I wasn’t paying attention to my phone or oh this – and it made me very angry.


2. A: Oh okay so you don’t, so okay let me see if I understand. You say you can read emotion through text, but at the same time youre saying that you can’t? (4:09)

S: There’s instances where where I where, I think that you can definitely relay emotions through texts if you tell someone I’m crying I’m so hurt, they will understand. But in situations where you shouldn’t be having the conversation over text that it should be by face its, I think, its it is better. It’s not where you can, I think you can, you can get emotion through text it’s the matter of doing the right thing and having certain conversations face to face. (4:43)

A: So you would say it’s more for the respect-
S: Yes it’s a respect factor.

3.. A:Okay good let’s see are there any other stories that you’d like to say about texting? How about this do you think that your boyfriend doesn’t get the emotion that you are trying to explain. You seem to be ‘cause you seem to be um you know really good at reading emotion  but do you think he can? (5:05)

S:  Um I don’t think I don’t think he can and it’s probably a guy thing.

A: Oh okay

S: Its probably a factor um you know a factor that I’m a girl and hes a guy, But I don’t think he’s as good at reading emotion as I can. Tehres times where hell say something very short and to the point and then in turn you know I’ll ask what wrong you know because I think it’s something serious hes not saying lol he’ll say nothing is wrong just, he’s just texting.


     I chose to use some of the same quotes from my short analysis project, just because I strongly believe that they fit perfectly into "answering"my questions. I didn't see a point in not using them because from the feedback I recieved, I am gethering ideas in my head to expand on the data and of course back it up to the article I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment