Saturday, January 25, 2014

Research Ideas?

I don't really have a set and exact focus on what I would like to do my research project on, but it does revolve around communication within elementary school teachers. I have come up with the idea that maybe I can research how elementary school teachers communicate differently with different groups of people that they are constantly surrounded by within their field:
  • Students
  • Parents
  • Supervisors
    • Principles/Vice
    • Superintendent
    • etc.
There are also different resources, more for the parents and supervisors, which I'd like to research to see which would be more appropriate, under certain situations:
  • Telephone
  • Email
  • Written letters
  • In person
  • etc.

 The writing study that this falls under is "characterizing discourses by audience." As a future teacher, it is important to me to have a balance within everyone I will be communicating with on a daily/weekly basis. I'd like to get a better feel on how these grammar school teachers communicate differently, given their circumstances.
Any feedback would be great:)

No comments:

Post a Comment